Friday, January 23, 2009

Haircuts Just Aren't My Thing. . . . .

Mom's been needing a haircut, and with Sis and her daughters visiting she didn't want to take time away from home to go get one. She asked Sis, but she was too worried of messing it up. So, I, in my naive-ness, offered to do it. (big mistake, since I've never cut anyone's hair in my life. Besides a doll's when I was about six, and that didn't go so well.)

She told me to cut the back bit off, and make it even, but while I was still cutting it, she gasped and pushed me away, seeing a rather large chunk of hair on the floor. I told her I was still working on it, to let me finish, but she wouldn't.

She seemed kind of upset. Then Sis went back and cut off the hanging bits - just like I had been going to do. And Mom came in and said I had been right, and it wasn't that bad. But that didn't really help much after she had gotton upset earlier. . . . *sigh*

Well, at least I learned something: I can NOT cut hair.