Friday, August 15, 2008

Temptation: Two Sides of the Story

Ok, last post I talked about how close I've felt to God lately, but that's only one side of the story, and I feel like I owe it to you to give the whole story. As is often the case, just as God has been growing nearer, the Devil's temptations have been growing stronger. Day after day I find I have to turn to God just to find the strength to go on doing His will. And He is always faithful. No matter how many times I fall, how many times I push Him away saying, "I don't need you" He is always there to pick me back up and hold me in His arms. I am so blessed to have a Savior who cares for me after all I've done, who loves me and forgives me no matter how many times I fall, and who is always loving and compassionate. God is, indeed, as my favorite song says, 'mighty to save'.